Thursday, June 24, 2010

Epic Wimbledon Match Comes to an End

I have to take a break from baseball right now to write about the absolutely epic Wimbledon match that just ended. John Isner, the American, just defeated Nicolas Mahut, the Frenchman, 70-68 in the deciding fifth set. Now as much as I love baseball, I love tennis just as much. I've watched (and played) a lot of games inn my days, and this was definitely the best I have ever seen. Over 11 hours long; 193 aces between the two players. It was just an epic in every sense of the word. And both players gave their all. Watching each man just absolutely put their entire being into the match was just a sight to behold. And when Isner hit that winning backhand past Mahut, three days of magnificent tennis was summed up by an exhilarated John Isner falling back first onto the grass court. What an incredible game.

No comments:

Post a Comment